White dresses are refreshing, simple, and summery. Wearing white dress nevertheless is slightly more complex than the simplicity suggested by the colour. This informative article gives some pointers on wearing white dresses nicely.
1 Select a color of white that matches your skin tone.
Not everyone can wear brilliant, clear white, but luckily, there’s a color of white for each skin type:
- Bronze skin tones (with blue and pink undertones) operate nicely with classically bright white (because it also has cool undertones) and pair well with silver accessories.
- Ebony skin tones (which can have yellowish, blue, or reddish undertones) are more versatile and wear well with white or ecru in addition to both silver and gold accessories.
- Warm skin tones (dark brown, light brown, or even pale supplied that there are golden or yellow undertones) go best with cream or ivory whites and either gold or silver accessories.
- Olive skin tones (with a light greenish or yellowish undertone and no pink) seems best with ecru.
It is easier to identify your skin tone by assessing it in the bright light, preferably outside. Simply compare your skin to a sheet of white paper on a clear sunny day.
2 Choose an opaque and sound white dress.
White material has an inherint disadvantage of being see through in many cases. Check how transparent the dress is while shopping for your white dress.
- Place a source of light behind your dress
- Hold a hand behind the dress.
- Look at your hand and see how clear it is.
Check if that dress reveals the colour and details of your own hand! Only consider buying that type of the dress if you already have the proper underwear in your wardrobe (see below).
3 Select quality material.
Quality materials are dense and are unlikely to be see-through. Some dresses might be lined. Look for more heavy count cottons, linen, and some man made materials.
4 Avoid clinging white dresses.
White isn’t a colour that lends itself to flattering when it follows your curves. Select white dresses that flounce, billow and flow. White is all about freedom, happiness, summer and sea-breeze, so ensure that the dress represents these features well.
5 Wear underwear of the same colour as your skin.
White panties are in fact fairly observable beneath white cloth, so avoid it – and anything aside from your skin colour, for that matter. Skin-toned panties will make sure that nothing peeps through to bring the eye to the improper location; use skin-coloured bras, underpants and slips.
6 Select a suitable shoe to pair with a white dress.
White is the colour of simplicity and purity, so try:
- soft gray, camel, brown and beige make excellent colour selections.
- golden or silver, bronze metallic sandals or flip flops fit in with white.
- avoid wearing white shoes or sandals, as this will definitely make an overwhelming effect.
7 Pick the right accessories but keep it simple.
Although white is a canvas that can suit many sorts of accessories, it is easy to go overboard with the choices. Go for metal and wooden-made accessories to give a special character to your dress.